Monday, December 18, 2006

Congratulate Me

I am Time magazine's Person of the Year. Every year Time picks the person who "for better or worse, has most influenced events in the preceding year." And this year it is me. This means I am joining past "winners" like Charles Augustus Lindbergh (first person picked), Gandhi, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Simpson, Chiang Kai-Shek, Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, Elizabeth II, Pope John XXIII, Martin Luther King Jr., King Faisal, and Anwar Sadat (check out the complete list here.) Cool, huh?

They picked me. Not George Bush, or Muqtada al-Sadr, or Kim Jong II, or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, or even the members of the UN who have ignored the genocide that is going on in Dafar but me.

Now, I must admit that I am not the only person picked this year. So were you if you are using or creating anything on the World Wide Web. Yep, pretty much everyone in the world has been chosen as the Person Of The Year for being able to figure out how to use a commuter. Now, why doesn't this make me feel special instead of insulted?

No comments: