Monday, May 02, 2011

Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)

Something to get the hear pumping this morning.


Reunion

B.B. Bumble and the Stingers
Mott the Hoople, Ray Charles Singers
Lonnie Mack and Twangin' Eddy
Here's my ring, we're going steady
Take it easy, take me higher
Liar, liar, house on fire
Locomotion, Poco Passion
Deeper Purple, Satisfaction
Baby, baby, gotta, gotta
Gimmee, gimmee, gettin' hotter
Sammy's Cookin', Leslie's Gore
Richie Valens end of story
Maha Vishnu, Fujiama
Kama Sutra, Rama Lama
Richard Perry, Spector, Barry
Rogers, Hart, Nilsson Harry
Shimmy, Shimmy, Koko Boppin'
Fats is back and finger poppin'

Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me
Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me

Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me (Life is a rock)
At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie.

FM, AM hits are clickin'
While the clock is tocking, ticking
Friends and Romans, salutations
Brenda and the Tabulations
Carly Simon, I behold her
Rolling Stones, center folder
Johnny Cash and Johnny Rivers
Can't stop now I've got the shivers
Mungo Jerry, Peter Peter, Paul Paul and Mary Mary
Dr. John, the nightly tripper
Doris Day and Jack the Ripper
Got to go sir, got to swelter
Leon Russell, Gimme Shelter
Miracles in Smokey places
Slide guitarists and Fender basses
Mushroom omelet, Bonnie Bramlett
Wilson Pickett, stomp and kick it.

Life is a rock, but the radio
Life is a rock but the radio

(musical interlude)

Arthur Janov, Primal Scream
Hawkins, Jay and Dale and Ronnie
Kookla, Fran, and Norma Okla
Denver, John, and Osmond, Donnie
JJ Cale and ZZ Top
and LL Bean and DD Dinah
David Bowie, Steely Dan
Sing me proud
Oh, CC Rider
Edgar Winter Joanie Summers
Ides of March and Johnny Thunder
Eric Clapton pedal wah-wah
Steven Foster Do-da, do-da
Good Vibrations, Help Me Rhonda
Surfer Girl and Little Honda
Tighter, Tighter, Honey, honey
Sugar, Sugar, Yummy, yummy
CBS and Warner Brothers
RCA and all the others

Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me
Gotta turn it up louder, so my DJ told me

Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! (Life is a rock.)
At the end of my rainbow lies a golden oldie.

Spoken: Listen, they're playing our song

Rocket socket, Alan Freed me
Murray Kaufman tried to lead me
Fish and Swim and Boston Monkey
Make it bad and play it FUNKY!

Freddie King and Albert King
B.B. King and frolicking
Get it on and Nat Gerardi,
Papalardi, Hale and Hearty

They are perfect, more than human
Gentle words of Randy Newman
One, two, three, so oh so please
I need a breather!

Tito Puente, Boffalongo,
Cuba, War and even Mungo
Jerry, Peter Dial, Alex Hood, Boogie Brass

(Baby, everything is alright, uptight..)

California, Beatlemania,
New York City, Transylvania
S&G and V&C and
Bobby Vee and SRO

No comments: