Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Wheels On The Truck Go Round And Round

Drove to Denver in a snow storm yesterday and the highway I traveled on was so wet and slushy I fishtailed the truck all over the road at one point. Later I watched an SUV driving toward me suddenly cut across my lane and off the highway. I wondered what he was doing at the time because I did not remember a side road being where he turned. As I got closer I realized he hadn't turned off the highway onto a side road but instead had slid off the highway. Be the time I reached him he had already driven out of the ditch and continued on his way.

To give you and idea of just how icy the roads were I had my sister take the images below. The first one is of the front wheel of the driver's side of the truck. That side of the truck was the side that got heavyly splashed with road slush every time a big semi roared past me. The second image is the back wheel on the driver's side.





Beautiful, aren't they?

No comments: