Monday, May 13, 2013

The Ballad Of Digging Dusty


Come and listen to my story 'bout a dog named Dust
A critter hunting fool, yeah, you could call it lust
Then one day while a moving fast as hell
Up from the ground, an enticing smell

(Critter that is, field mouse, fast asleep)


Next thing I know old Dust is digging fast
Looks to me, dirt's shooting out his ass



Belle says she can help Dust dig more efficiently
So she sticks her nose in deep to see what she can see

(Sniff she does, very deep, smelling mice)


Well now it's time to say goodbye and end this frantic search
Though the mouse has not been found, Dust's rep is not besmirched
I will bring him back again to this locality
And give him one more chance at digging oh, so frantically

(Digging Dusty, that's what I call 'em now,
Good dog, we'll be back soon, ya hear
?)

No comments: