Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I Am Learning To Sew- Project 34

From this...


to this.
All in two months!  This was one of the most difficult projects so far.  I bought all my supplies after reading the supply list on the back of the pattern envelope but did not read the pattern itself.  That was a big mistake for when I started reading the instructions I realized I had no clue as to what they were talking about and found the illustrations to be no help at all.   So for the next couple of weeks I would study the instructions once a day.  Then one morning I woke-up and, Boom!, it all made sense. But...

That wasn't as helpful as it would have been if I had actually been making the bed the way the instructions said to but I was going to adjust the pattern so I could use an old couch cushion  I had stored in the furnace room.   Adjusting a pattern is easy if you have actually done it before but, since I had never done it, I was learning as I went along. Then after I started putting the pattern pieces together I found out that I really only half understood the instructions.  There were times I got so frustrated I would stop working on it for a few days and once I stopped for a whole week. But...

As you can see I finally got it done.  It's not great but I must admit it was a hell of a learning experience.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Excellent...can I have two please, ;)

Though I suspect Phoebe would just turn it upside down and then sleep on it as she does that with every dog bed or what she considers to be a dog bed.

la peregrina said...

Smart dog, making it her own. :)