Friday, March 30, 2018

Physical Education

-Systematic instruction in sports, exercises, and hygiene given as part of a school program. (Dictionary.com)






The Internet is a dangerous place. Ran across this photo and had a flashback of myself wearing one of these and standing in the Morey Jr High School gym. The gym had a strip of wood about a foot wide just above our heads that went around three of the walls. There were number painted on it from 1 to  somewhere in the hundreds. After we changed into some version of this lovely garment, we had to line up along the walls and under our assigned number. When the gym teacher blew her whistle we put our hand over our number and she walked by us and marked down any number not cover by a hand. It was a good system but it seemed to take forever. I swear my number was seventy-two. 

3 comments:

colleen Looseleafnotes said...

I always faked the mandatory showers. I wasn't about to get my hair wet in the middle of the day!

la peregrina said...

I hated them because you never really had enough time to take one.

la peregrina said...


My niece informed me that they still used this system when she was a Morey. Her last name also begins with a S but she remembers her number being sixty-two.