Sunday, January 05, 2003

May 2001

I am still trying not to think about running off to Spain. I am surfing the internet for information about the pilgrimage though. About this time I develop a fear of being struck by lightning when I am out walking my dog. Since most days are clear and I have never been afraid of lighting before this surprises me. Every time I go out I visualize lightning striking the truck keys in my pocket and then, in its haste to be grounded, exploding down my leg and into the dirt. I am so nervous about this that I start leaving my keys in the truck each time I take the dog for a run. I also worry that the dog is going to be hit and think about taking her collar off. This I realize this is stupid, almost as stupid as worrying about lightning striking me out of the blue.

No comments: