Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Hello, It's Me

I see a bad moon arising
-Creedence Clearwater Revival

I'm back. I've had a few things happened that caused my break to be longer than I expected. The first week of my break I learned my friend Gino had just found out his cancer had spread to his bones. I cried when I heard. He is doing better emotionally now and looking at his options. I had a mammogram done and a few days later was informed there was something on the film. I was sure it was a cyst (I had one before) but after Gino's news I was a little nervous. I knew my chance of being in a car accident were greater that it being cancer but that word is such a big bugaboo in our society I quickly worked my way up to being very scared by the news. I had an ultrasound done and was assured it was a cyst. I walked out of the exam room a little shaky like I had just dogged a bullet. Then last Monday my sister in Denver called and asked me to come and stay for a few days, she had fallen and thought she had done damage to the rotor cuff in her right shoulder. She was in a lot of pain and could not use her arm. She needs me to be her chauffeur and drive her to the doctor and my niece to school and back. We thought I would be there for a couple of days but I stayed the week. She is doing better but won't know how great the damage is for another week.

I've been catching up on the blogs I read and I see other people have had a stressful week too. My sympathy to you all. I know last week was a full moon, could that have been our problem? Or is the fact that Mars is so close right now making the world so crazy?

No comments: