Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yesterday's Double Header

-two games, contests, or events held consecutively on the same program
-Merriam-Webster dictionary

I had frustrating problems with both Blogger and HaloScan yesterday. I find the Blogger problem a little amusing because I got an invitation to switch my blog over to the new BetaBlogger. I decided to hold off because I have read about the many problems that others have had when they switched to it. That plus the fact that HaloScan doesn't work in BetaBlogger without a great deal of code hacking made me decide to stay where I am for now. Now, after reading these last two messages on Status Blogger:

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Old Blogger is currently down. The new version of Blogger in beta and Blog*Spot are unaffected. We are investigating.

Update, 5PM: This has been fixed.

Posted by Pete at 16:22 PST

Friday, December 08, 2006

We are diagnosing and fixing problems with the new version of Blogger in beta right now. Users are seeing 502 server errors when posting to blogs on the beta, and the site's overall performance is poor.



I am not sure (Stuck in the middle with you) what to do.

When I got online this morning and checked my blog I was disappointed to find HaloScan missing. I went to their page and updated my settings. Doing so brought it back. I don't know what else is going on today but I do notice that my page is taking longer to load than normal and that the hang-up is HaloScan.

This will be my only post today because I am disgusted with this technical part of the blogging experience right now.

No comments: