Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

I've been AWOL all day due to the weather. It reached 70 degrees Fahrenheit/21.1 degrees Celsius this afternoon so I spent most of the day outdoors playing with the dogs, riding my bike, walking, and washing the car. Of course living in the Plains, and knowing how the weather can be out here, resulted in this conversation between my neighbor and myself:

Me (smiling): It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Her (smiling back): I know! Can you believe it? It makes me wonder when the blizzard is going to hit.

Me (laughing): I was thinking the same thing.

I checked the weather report a few minutes ago and see that a snow storm is expected on Friday with Saturday's temperature high forecast to be 26 degrees Fahrenheit/-3.3 degrees Celsius.

Am I surprised?

Nope.

No comments: