Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thank You, Mr. President

For pointing out at your press conference last Wednesday just how morally bankrupt the Republican party is at this point.

I understand how easy it is for this town to become consumed in the game of politics – to turn every issue into running tally of who’s up and who’s down. I’ve heard that one Republican strategist told his party that even though they may want to compromise, it’s better politics to “go for the kill.” Another Republican Senator said that defeating health reform is about “breaking me."


None of this is that big of a surprise to me. I've said before that the leaders of the Republican Party always put themselves first and politics second. What is best for the country and its citizens has always been an after thought. They are nothing but a bunch of vicious, self-righteous, sanctimonious, elitists. They make me sick.

No comments: