Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Mystery of the Wet Toothbrush



I sure could use Nancy Drew right about now. It started about a week ago when I went into the bathroom after lunch to brush my teeth and found my toothbrush wet. I was surprised by this and thought it must be more humid than I suspected since my toothbrush is usually dry by lunch time after I have used it in the morning.

A few days ago I again found a wet toothbrush when I went to brush my teeth before going to bed. I asked my husband if he was accidentally using my toothbrush but he said no.

Imagine my feeling of slight irritation when I went to brush my teeth after lunch the next day and found my toothbrush wet. My husband was washing the lunch dishes in the kitchen and I stuck my head out the bathroom door, held my toothbrush up, and asked him who's toothbrush was I holding. He said it was mine. I then told him it was wet again while his was dry and asked if he had used it. He said no and added that maybe I wasn't shaking the water off it after I rinsed it and put it back in the toothbrush holder. I admitted that this was true and made sure that I shook the water off before putting it away from that moment on.

Saturday I again went to brush my teeth after lunch and found my toothbrush wet and my husband's toothbrush dry. I went into the living room and asked him if he had just brushed his teeth. He said yes. I then told him my toothbrush was wet and his was dry so he must have used mine. He went into the bathroom to feel his toothbrush and after finding it slightly damp said he could not understand it as he knew he had used his own toothbrush.

Now, there are three souls living in this house and if my husband is not using my toothbrush then our dog Duke is the only other possible suspect. But, since Duke does not have opposable thumbs and is not tall enough to reach the toothbrush holder, it is unlikely that he is the culprit. So, who is using my toothbrush?

Nancy, are you reading this? I need your help.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's strange coz m having the same problem here with my tooth brush. It's bothering me a lot so I though Google might know an answer and saw this. Lol. If u have found the reason please do let me know. I find this a Lil bit creepy now. Lol

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same issue ,I'd really like to know what's going on

Unknown said...

I am too I'm also experiencing furniture shaking only when I'm alone in a certain room

Anonymous said...

This has been happening for many years, in different countries.. it was stopped for more than 8/9months now and today I found my brush wet again. As if so much wet!! I don’t understand, what is happening ?! Is there a spirit using my brush? I’ve been suspecting so many people and everytime I ask them, their answer was no

Anonymous said...

I’ve been having this same issue in London! Over the last 4 years I’ve lived in 2 different houses with different people (house sharing) and it’s only me it happens to. Almost every morning my toothbrush is wet and the rest are bone dry!! Whyyyyyyy?!

Unknown said...

When you have a shower the steam collects on your tooth brush and condensates making it wet :) .

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I have been suspecting my bf poisoning me or scrubbing the toilet bowl with it, because HIS is ALWAYS DRY, and mine is always wet when I come home from work.

Anonymous said...

Then why aren't ALL the toothbrushes wet?