Sunday, September 21, 2003

Gino Pisano

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: If there is any reaction, both are transformed
- Carl Jung

E-mail from Gino's partner Ian:

"On Thursday, September 18th around 9:00 PM, the light of my life, Gino
Antonio Pisano, died at home surrounded by his loved ones including me,
our sonsTrever, Shawn, and Kristopher, Kristopher's fiance Melanie, my Mom and his
Mom, his Aunt Pam, Aunt Toni-Ann and his cousin Kristen.

If you have followed his website www.ginopisano.com, you know he has
chronicled his battle with esophageal cancer since the day he was
diagnosed, December 14th, 1999. Boy did he put up a fight just to be with us! In July he started getting incredible joint aches but we didn't find out until September 2nd of this month that the cancer had spread to his bones, lungs and lymph nodes.

The progression was obviously quick - 2 weeks and 2 days - but he wanted to be able to talk and understand everyone so he took as little pain medicine as possible. That enabled him to talk with us right to the very end when he said he saw his father, our dog Scruffy and his cat Isis from when he was a teenager.

I want to thank you all for being our friend, for caring about us or just for logging onto his website. I always said that if God had given me some clay and asked me to make the most perfect man, I could not have done better than Gino. As a gemini, he was a typical little boy who just wanted to play and have fun. He loved everyone and saw the joy in everything. He loved to just laugh. I know nobody could possible love me as much as he did.

He founded A Stitch in Time, Inc., a charity established to raise funds
for disease research and the board has promised to continue his legacy for
him. In lieu of flowers, we ask that memorial donations be made to A Stitch in
Time, Inc., 64 Plattekill Avenue, New Paltz, NY 12561.

A memorial service will take place Monday, September 22 at 1:00 PM in the Clarion Hotel Oak Room, 90 Route 17K, Newburgh, NY.

Thank you all again for loving us. Ian."



Dear Gino,

Goodby, big guy, I'm going to miss you.

love,
Colleen

No comments: