Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I've Got The ICan'tGetThatSongOutOfMyHead Blues

BILLLLLLL!
I love you so,
I always will
I look at you and see
the passion eyes of May
Oh,
but am I ever gonna see my wedding day
I was on your side Bill
when you were looooooosin'
I never scheme or lie Bill,
there's been no fooooooolin'
But kisses and love
won't carry me
till you marry me Billlllll!

I love you so,
I always will
And in your voice I hear
a choir of carousels
Oh,
but am I ever gonna hear my wedding bells
I was the one who came runnin' when you were looonely
I haven't lived one day not lovin' you ooonly
But kisses and love won't carry me til you marry me Billllllll

I love you so, I always will
And though devotion rules my heart
I take no bows
But Bill
you're never gonna take those wedding vows
Oh, come on Bill
Oh, come on Bill
Come on and marry me Billlllll!
I got the wedding bell bluuuues
Please marry me Billlllll!
I got the wedding bell
bluuuuuuues
Marry me Bill

-Wedding Bell Blues written by Laura Nyro, sung by Marilyn McCoo (The 5th Dimension)

Some songs and voices you can't get out of your head and those voices are the one's you can never mistake for anyone else. For example, you will never walk into a room when a Marilyn McCoo song is playing and think the voice you hear is anyone else but her. Neither can you mistake Rosemary Clooney for Cass Elliott or Ella Fitzgerald for Dusty Springfield or Billie Holiday for Blossom Dearie or Barbra Streisand for Janis Joplin or Cyndi Lauper for Wanda Jackson or Dinah Washington for Patsy Cline or Karen Carpenter for Judy Garland. All have their own distinct sound. You'll never find yourself saying, "That sounds just like (someone else)...," when you hear them sing. That is what I love about them all.

No comments: