Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Earworm Or Brain Itch (can't get that song out of my head syndrome)

This song has been playing in my head the last few days:


Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?
-L. Alter and E. Delange

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
And miss it each night and day
I know I'm not wrong, the feelings getting stronger
The longer I stay away

Miss the moss covered vines
The tall sugar pines
Where mockin' birds use to sing
And I'd like to see the lazy Mississippi
A hurryin' into spring

The moonlight on the bayou
A creole tune that fills the air
I dream about magnolias in June
And soon I'm wishing that I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
When that's where you left your heart
And there's something more
I miss the one I care for
More than I miss New Orleans



Then I heard about this. I think it will stop now.

Update: After hearing about this the song came back and I now feel like crying. All those poor, poor people.

No comments: