Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I Think I Am Ready To Dump Microsoft

My computer has been running slow for awhile but yesterday it was operating at snail pace. I tried to print a photo my sister sent me and Microsoft Photo Printing Wizard opened up. In that file were 646 photos- one of them the photo I was trying to print. The rest I recognized as being from my blog, other blogs, and photos e-mailed to me. The majority of the photos were p0rn.

Now, how do you remove photos you don't want in the Photo Printing Wizard file? You could go to the Microsoft Help section on your computer but it will tell you nothing. You could go to the Microsoft website but it will tell you nothing and make it difficult for you to find out this out. You could try to find a person to answer your question at Microsoft but that will cost you $35 with no guarantee that your question will be answered. My husband found the answer at an unofficial support site, deleted the photos, and then added a program called ccleaner to hopefully keep it from happening again.

Anyway, this experience had made me realize just how bad Microsoft's Operating System really is, how useless Microsoft's product support is, and how Microsoft's last priority seems to be its customers. I know some of you use other OS's and I would be very grateful if you would drop a note in my comments box telling which one you use and what you think of it.

No comments: