Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More Proof That My Dog Is Goofier Than Your Dog

My husband took Duke hunting yesterday and returned home while I was out picking up the mail. I saw the truck parked in front of the house as I was walking back and when I was about 3/4 of a block away I watched as my husband stepped through the front gate and walked over to the truck. He was carrying Duke's orange chest protector in his hand. When he got to the truck bed he put the vest in the bed. That was different. Most of the time Duke's chest protector is hung up on a hook that is attached to the laundry room wall.

By this time I had reached the alley and could see Duke in the yard. He was not wearing his collar and his head, ears, front chest and legs were wet. Great, I thought, he has rolled in something dead. But he hadn't. What he had done was find a skunk and chase it. By the time my husband got to him Duke had caught the skunk by the tail and was spinning him around. As my husband said,"Duke was giving him an airplane ride." The skunk did not enjoy his airplane ride and sprayed Duke until Duke finally dropped him. Then he scurried away as fast as he could go.

Duke was wet because my husband had used Nature's Miracle on him to remove the skunk odor and was now waiting for it to dry. After my husband finished telling me what had happened I looked back at Duke. I have never see a dog look more pleased with himself in my life.

No comments: