Thursday, May 31, 2007

We Got To Get Right Back To Where We Started From

We have a problem with the sound on our Mac. We could not hear anything when using any external output devise (a.k.a. speakers and headphones) and when my husband called Apple tech support he was told to reload Safari. That he started doing right before the storm hit. When the power went off the reinstall was not completed and the next morning we learned we had lost everything we had transfered from the old computer to this computer. My husband spent part of the morning re-reinstalling Safari and re-transfering all the files. After that he found he could get sound when he plugged a pair of headphones into the output connection; which was good because the speakers in the Mac-mini sound worst than an ant band.

Yesterday afternoon the new pair of speakers my husband had ordered arrived.



The instant I saw them I knew these babies would star in my next nightmare.

Anyway, when he hooked them up nothing happened. He unhooked them and connected the headphones. Still no sound. He disconnected the headphones. The Mac mini "worst than an ant band" speakers worked fine. He called Apple again and they said the problem must be the computer and to send it back for a replacement. Which means as soon as the mailing label Apple is sending gets here we will no longer have a computer for a few days. Which means we will be right back where we started from.

Even though we have a problem will this computer I am still an Apple fan. I like the way the screen image is 100% better than the one you get with Microsoft. I like how quiet the Mac mini is. I like how helpful Apple tech support is. I am more than willing to give them another chance.

No comments: