Monday, December 03, 2007

The Tiger Show

A few Sundays ago I happened to be traveling to Denver in the afternoon and caught a bit of the The Tiger Show on KRDZ, 1440 on the AM dial, out of Wray, Colorado. Loved, loved, loved it. It reminded me of the stuff I used to listen to when I was a kid in Denver tuned into Jay Mack on "95 Fabulous KIMN."

Not only has The Tiger Show brought back the 60's deejay sound, it has brought back the music from the 1950's-early sixties. This show is a breath of fresh air, playing songs that I have not heard in a long time or ones I've never heard before. Some of the songs on yesterday's show included: Honey Don't, Carl Perkins; Tell Me Why, The Rob-Roys; Doing The Mess Around, Big Joe Turner ; Flip, Flop, Bop, Floyd Cramer; My Baby Left Me, both Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup and Elvis versions; and I'm Looking For A Woman, Bo Diddley. Lots of great music from some of the great early rock and roll performers.

The Tiger Show is on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M. (MST). You can listen to the live webcast every Sunday afternoon on the KRDZ's website if you don't live in the KRDZ broadcast area-which I am sure most of you don't. It's worth tuning into if you can.

No comments: