Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FPA *

About three times a week I stop in at the office of an acquaintance of mine on the way to the post office. She has a four year old daughter who helps me get my mail. I bring my dog Kate with me and Caroline walks her to the post office for me, ties her to the lamp post, mails any letter I have, and then collects my mail from my box. When we get back outside Caroline unties Kate from the lamp post and leads her back her Mom's office. Then we all go inside where I spend a few minutes taking with her mother.

Today when I got ready to leave Caroline gave Kate her usual hug goodbye. As she leaned over Kate I noticed that I could see the top of her butt. I said, "Hey, I can see your butt."

She quickly straightened up and laughed at me. Saying the word "butt" is very amusing to a four year old.

"Are you going to be a plumber when you grow-up?", I asked.

Caroline shook her head no.

"Well, then, pull up your pants!"

She found that hysterical and fell on the floor holding her stomach and rolling with laughter.

Yep, I'm a big hit with four year olds.


(*Future Plumbers of America)

No comments: