Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Why I Dislike Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter is a syndicated American columnist who spouts and writes the most hateful things about anyone who does not agree with her view of just how the world should be run. She hate liberals, anyone who questions the outrageous things she says or writes, liberals, anyone who questions the last administration's questionable activities, liberals, feminists, liberals, gays, liberals, non-Christians, and liberals.

She hates liberals so intensely she just cannot shut up about it. This week's issue of TIME magazine is the yearly TIME 100, a list of what TIME considers "The World's Most Influential People." (We will ignore in this post the fact that about 70% of the people listed are Americans.) The conceit of the list is that other well known people are picked to write about each person mentioned. Ann Coulter wrote about Sarah Palin under the heading of Heroes & Icons. I have no problem with her writing about Palin for the most part but this

"The biggest red flag proving her popularity with normal Americans is that liberals won't shut up about her. Palin is a threat to liberals because she believes in God and country and family- all values liberals pretend to believe in but secretly detest."


annoyed the hell out of me.

First, that normal American crack, which is Ann code for anyone who agrees with her. Since I don't agree with her does that make me some sort of deviant? I guess it does in Ann World. Second, this is supposed to be an entry about Sarah Palin so why does Coulter feel the need to take a gratuitous swipe at liberals? Oh, yeah, she has a rabid hatred of liberals. Finally, who the hell is she to say that liberals only pretend to believe in God, country and family but secretly detest them? I am proud to say I am a liberal and as one I believe in God, country, and family. I just don't believe in Ann Coulter's God, country, and family. I won't believe in a God who only hears the prayers of Christians. I won't believe in a country that thinks torture is fine and that it is alright to stomp around the world in big boots just because you have them. I also don't believe a family is one that only consists of a mother, a father, and children- parents legally married in a church, of course.

Ann Coulter is a hatemonger and the ease in which she spills her venom is a bit frightening. She used space that was supposed to be a tribute to Sarah Palin to spout her political views. She did Sarah Palin a disservice and showed just how self-centered and mean-spirited she really is.

Shame on her.

No comments: