Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kitchen Update

This is more of a house update than just a kitchen update. The night before last we repainted the stucco on the outside of the house a color we can live with. My husband started painting before me and when I walked outside and saw the color on the walls I smiled. This reaction is a lot better that the "Oh, My God!" reaction I had with the other two colors. My next outdoor project is to paint the front door red. This house is screaming for a red front door. It actually wakes me up at night and I do wish it would be more patient. I need my sleep.

We just started the last phase of the kitchen up date which is the trim. The trim had to be ordered and it took a lot longer than expected for it to get here. Yesterday we laid all the trim pieces between two sawhorses in the garage and began painting and staining. We could not have picked a worse day unless we had waited until the middle of a cold and blizzardly February. It got up to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a nice 38.3 on the Celsius thermometer. That would not have been too unbearable it the humidity wasn't high enough to cause large drops of sweat to fall off my face as I leaned over my work. And that would not have been too unbearable it all the mosquitoes in the area hadn't boarded a bus somewhere south of town and then driven to my house. And that would not have been too unbearable it all the flies hadn't hitched a ride with the bus load of mosquitoes. I guess I should be happy that the wasps did not get the party memo and so stayed away.

Anyway, now that the trim is done our contractor with be installing it in about a week. That leave a few odds and ends to get done and then the big reveal. Can you believe this all started back at the beginning of May? I am so happy with how it is turning out, I don't even mind the delays. It is so worth it.

No comments: