Monday, February 23, 2015

I A Learning To Sew- Project 16

Four fleece polo wraps. Polo wraps are use on horses legs.  Each one is 9 feet long and 5 inches wide with a Velcro closure. Making them gave me lots of practice cutting large pieces of fabric in clean straight lines.  Tip: use a rotary cutter and not scissors.  I will be making many more so I've decided that I need a template before I do any more cutting.  Something stronger that paper, maybe cardboard or a light plastic of some sort. 

2 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Template? Nah, get a quilter to show you how to cut long continuous strips with a rotary cutter and long (mine is 6.5 x 24.5 inches) patchwork ruler (you fold the fabric to the length of the cutting ruler, and then cut through all thicknesses). Simplicity itself!

Pleased to see that you are enjoying your sewing. Such a shame we don't live nearer!

la peregrina said...

...(you fold the fabric to the length of the cutting ruler, and then cut through all thicknesses)

Brilliant! Thank you, BW, for a great idea. It would be nice if we lived nearer to each other, wouldn't it? :)