Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Doggie Dreams

 I've been dreaming about my dog Dusty (He died in January) for over a week now. At first he was just in the background of my dreams but the night before last he came close enough to me so that I could pick him up. I was carrying him through a field and the next instance we were in the work pit of an old garage that was filled with water. I struggled to get him out of the pit. After I set him up on the concrete I woke up. Last night Belle was also in my dream and both he and Belle stayed close together. Belle and I were the only ones in the dream who could see Dusty. That I found out when I ask other people in the dream if they could see him. Everyone I asked said no. Now I wonder why I am dreaming about Dusty every night.

Two months ago Belle had a seizure. The Vet gave us seizure medication but said she wasn't sure just why it had happened and that it could be from a brain tumor. About a month ago Belle had another seizure. The Vet increased Belle's medication and said she was now sure it was a brain tumor. She could not say how long Belle had before the tumor would end her life but it was probably no more than a year. We have accepted the fact that Belle will not be with us a year from now and are just enjoying each day we have with her.

So, about the dreams. Am I dreaming about Dusty because he wants me to know he is here? Am I dreaming about Dusty because he wants me know that he will be here to be with Belle when it is her time to leave us? Is he here to tell me that when Belle does leave she won't be alone? Is he here to tell me that her time is closer than I thought? I am OK with all these reasons but I am worried that the last question is the main reason why he is here.

No comments: