Thursday, February 11, 2021

Our Mothers, Ourselves

After seeing photos from Getty Images of people our mother protested with with during the Civil Rights Movement in Denver in the 1960's, my sister decided to see if there were photos of our mother there and found these.



"JUN 9 1976, JUN 10 1976; E. Jean Shannon; JUN 9 1976, JUN 10 1976; E. Jean Shannon; (Photo By John Sunderland/The Denver Post via Getty Images)"
-Getty Images


"SEP 24 1974 MRS. JEAN SHANNON, RIGHT, PROTESTS PAY Bud Salter, left, listens to her, then asks question. Credit: Denver Post, Inc. (Denver Post via Getty Images)"
-Getty Images
It took my sister a couple of tries to find these but once she thought they may have spelled our mother's name wrong (they always did) she found them. The first photo's date is my 25th birthday so my mother had turned 48 three day before this.


2 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Amazing find! Do you have any pictures yourself from this era, or are these all you have?

la peregrina said...

No, I have a few more photos of my mom and maybe one or two of me during this time period. I'll put them up tomorrow as these photos today do not do my mother justice.